The Family Choice Scholarship Program
The Family Choice Scholarship Program has provided important, timely help to hundreds of Pennsylvania families in need. As an approved scholarship organization for the Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) and Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit (OSTC) programs, Family Choice has allowed parents of preschool age children through 12th grade to choose the best educational experience for their child, including private and religious schools.
This non-profit initiative is a project of the Pennsylvania Family Institute, allowing businesses to direct some of their tax dollars to scholarship organizations that help needy families send their children to the school of their choice – including private and religious schools.
In order to help provide families with the opportunity to make the education choice they deem best for their children, the Family Choice Scholarship Program awards scholarships to qualified Pre-K students at EITC Eligible private Pre-Kindergarten Programs across the State of Pennsylvania.
The Pennsylvania Pre-Kindergarten Program, in order to be considered EITC eligible, must meet certain guidelines established under Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Law.
The Pennsylvania Pre-Kindergarten Program must:
- Be affiliated with an established elementary school and its curriculum must be aligned with the elementary school’s curriculum.
- Provide a program of instruction for three or four year-old students “which provides a minimum of 2 hours of instructional and developmental activities per day for at least 60 days.” (Article XX-B Educational Improvement Tax Credit).
- Not violate the goals or mission of the Pennsylvania Family Institute or the Family Choice Scholarship Program.
- The Educational Improvement Tax Credit Pre-Kindergarten Program Verification Form (included in the application) must be submitted with the application in order to receive Pre-K scholarship consideration.
Link to apply: https://myfamilychoice.org/students/
- July 1, 2017 – 2017–2018 Application Deadline
- End of September 2017 – Scholarship Notifications will be mailed to parents